The Project Executive is the senior manager of a construction project team and leads the completion of construction projects from initial bid through completion. The Project Executive’s primary responsibilities are customer relationships, exceeding customer expectations, managing project teams, and developing team members.
Responsibilities generally include.
- Work with Business Development to develop new or renewed client relationships.
- Supervise the activities of assigned project teams to ensure compliance with company policies, safety standards and quality standards.
- Monitor and manage bottom line profit of assigned projects.
- Review contract terms and conditions and assist in contract negotiations.
- Recruit, train, mentor and oversee supervision of qualified construction personnel.
- Review and approve all estimates and schedules prepared for assigned negotiated projects and hard bid jobs.
- Facilitate job turnover process from estimating to project team – sign off on budget& fee.
- Supervise subcontract bidding and negotiations complying with RDO procedures. Approve all subcontracts and major material purchase orders.
- Lead project planning, including conducting job start meetings and planning sessions.
- Ensure that cost control is set up and maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure timely job closeout and closed job reports.
- Maintain continued client contact on current projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, and/or 10 years of applicable field construction management experience (including supervisory skills) in multiunit, hospitality, education, and commercial markets.
- In depth knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Proven experience forming relationships with Owners, Developers, Architects, Movers and Shakers with a strong Southern California network in the construction industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability and strong sense of urgency.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of contract law and project accounting.
- Thorough understanding of all project management control systems (scheduling, cost control, procurement, and estimating).
- Position will be based in Irvine but will travel throughout Southern California area.
- Full Medical
- Life and 401K plans
- Education reimbursement (upon relevant coursework)
R.D. Olson Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, or presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. If an offer of employment is made, proof of authorization to work in the U.S. and/or U.S. citizenship must be provided. All applicants may be subjected to a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening or background check.