The Project Engineer (PE) is a key team member and responsible for a variety of daily assignments while assisting the project team in the successful completion of their current project. A Project Engineer’s responsibilities generally continue through the project’s duration and include:
- Solicits and tracks all incoming submittal and shop drawings;
- Distributes and tracks all drawings and specifications to all subcontractors and the Project Superintendent;
- Works together with the Project Manager and Superintendent to generate the initial project schedule;
- Monitors the project schedule daily , updates and generates two and three week outlooks with the Project Superintendent;
- Assists in preparations, tracking and coordinating of all RFIs/RFPs;
- Supports project estimating in the evaluation of material quantities specified in construction drawings and specifications;
- Assists in estimating and analyzing project cost during the bid phase.
- Based in Orange County but able to travel to job sites throughout Southern California.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a GC Project Engineer/Manager.
- Flexible schedule is essential.
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
- Scheduling software experience.
- Hospitality, high density multi-family unit, or commercial project background.
- Full Medical
- Life and 401K plans
- Education reimbursement (upon relevant coursework)
R.D. Olson Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, or presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. If an offer of employment is made, proof of authorization to work in the U.S. and/or U.S. citizenship must be provided. All applicants may be subjected to a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening or background check.
< Previous page