The Preconstruction Manager works closely with the senior management team to implement business development and sales strategies with new and existing clients in the hospitality, multi-unit, education, and commercial markets. The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for developing new business..
If you have a preconstruction background in the commercial construction industry and are looking to leverage your skill set to business development this is your opportunity
Responsibilities generally include.
- Prepares and participates in cost analysis and means and methods recommendations during initial stages of prospect chase through contract execution.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals.
- Participate in sales activities in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Present and sell R.D. Olson services to current and potential clients using knowledge of the construction process..
- Generate new leads, relationships, and opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Partner with Executive team in winning projects that have been introduced.
- Identify potential business opportunities within current and new business segments.
- Identify and assist with building the approach for entry into new segments or expanding existing.
- Participate in internal marketing and business meetings and present ideas and strategies that develop new business.
- Screen potential opportunities to determine proper fit with Company overall objectives.
- Participate in various professional venues to generate networking opportunities and enhance Company presence.
- Track and monitor the status of all upcoming bid proposals and future project opportunities.
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, and/or 5-10 years of applicable sales, estimating, sales, design management and/or field management experience.
- In depth knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Experience in hospitality, multi-unit, education, and commercial markets.
- Proven experience forming relationships with Owners, Developers, Architects, Movers and Shakers with a strong Southern California network in the construction industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Position will be based in Irvine but will travel throughout Southern California area.
- Full Medical
- Life and 401K plans
- Education reimbursement (upon relevant coursework)
R.D. Olson Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, or presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. If an offer of employment is made, proof of authorization to work in the U.S. and/or U.S. citizenship must be provided. All applicants may be subjected to a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening or background check.